Liver-Aid is a combination formula that promotes and supports healthy liver function.
- Milk Thistle: contains three potent liver protective flavonoids: silybin, silydianin and silychristin, known collectively as silymarin (1,2,3). Since ancient times, the plant was valued for its nutritional and medicinal properties. It is commonly used to help treat disease and dysfunction in the liver (1,2,3,4,5,6).
- Dandelion: used to assist with edema and fluid retention, and is a general liver tonic (7,8)
- Turmeric: reduces inflammation (9)
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid: a powerful antioxidant (11,12) and serves as a co-enzyme in the production of cellular energy (13).
- Glutathione: protects tissues by neutralizing free radicals as a potent antioxidant (14,15). Glutathione is involved in various important liver detoxification processes, amino acid transport, production of coenzymes and the recycling of vitamins E and C (14,15).
- N-Acetyl Cysteine: it helps the body to synthesize the antioxidant glutathione and helps to protect the liver (16,17,18,19).
- Folate: helps to lower the risk of heart attack and stroke by reducing the amount of homocysteine in the body (20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27) and also helps prevent peripheral vascular disease (loss of circulation in the hands and feet) (20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27).
- Schisandra: used as a tonic and restorative, as well as for liver protection, respiratory treatment, and GI therapy (28,29,30)
Liver-Aid / Milk Thistle should be taken as recommended by a healthcare professional.