NATUROPATHIC ONCOLOGY at Choice Nutrition - our INTEGRATIVE approach
Many cancer patients, seek out integrative, natural, and complementary care therapies, in addition to the more conventional treatment approaches, in order to improve their prognoses, as well as overall quality of life, as they fight this terrible disease.
There is a sizable and growing body of scientific evidence supporting natural and nutrition-based therapies that can be safely and effectively combined with the standard medical approach, or sometimes used as standalone therapies as well.
These tools, strategies, and therapies are there for the taking, but it can sometimes be difficult to determine the best or most effective way to use them. Some may or may not be the best for your particular type of cancer, or they may not be compatible with standard therapies you may already be using, and so must be applied strategically, if at all.
- Restore quality of life
- Slow/stop disease progression
- Support remission and cure
- Increase the effectiveness of medical therapies and reduce their side effects.
- Reduce risk of recurrence
Conventional Cancer treatments include surgery, chemotherapy drugs, and radiation treatments, which tend to focus specifically on the act of killing, starving, and otherwise destroying cancer cells.
Certainly, killing cancer cells is a critical aspect of treatment, in addition natural therapies including plant medicines, nutritional supplementation, dietary strategies, IV treatments, detoxification, exercise, and emotional support can serve to strengthen the immune system, normalize cell regulation, and encourage abnormal cells to recycle themselves.
Biological Strategies in Natural Cancer Care:
- Support normal cell metabolism, primarily by improving nutrition (reducing inflammation, oxidative stress, insulin-like growth factors, and stress hormones)
- Support cell differentiation and programmed cell death (apoptosis).
- Remove promoters, including environmental carcinogens, dietary hazards, as well as mental/emotional factors such as fear, anger, and despair.
- Inhibit metastasis.
- Enhance cell-to-cell communication.
- Support balanced immune function
- Inhibit tumor-induced new blood vessel formation.
- Seek to destroy cancer cells with natural medicines (e.g. IV vitamin C)
- Reduce side effects of conventional treatments.
- Prevention of recurrence after remission.
These two fundamental approaches to cancer support can indeed be rationally and sustainably combined, so as to make use of the best of both worlds, for an overall improved chance of recovery.
Before beginning any line of therapy, the first step is to get a proper diagnosis, and determine the staging of the disease. Biopsy and tissue evaluation is the only way to confirm cancer.
Therefore, our Naturopathic Doctors and Practitioners will consult with you regarding all relevant information to be gathered before starting any natural therapy, and coordinating with any conventional treatment you may also be employing. These will include laboratory tests, scans, and pathology reports. Some natural therapies are not compatible with certain conventional treatments, such as radiation and certain chemotherapy drugs. Therefore, consultations like this are important for effective application of cancer care strategies.
Return for regular follow-ups, so that your treatment regime can be updated and refined according to your response to therapy.
If you are dealing with a cancer diagnosis, or simply interested in long-term prevention, or if you have beaten cancer before and are seeking to reduce the risk of recurrence, we invite you to CONTACT OUR OFFICE to book an appointment with one of our Naturopathic Doctors, to discuss a plan that will fit your needs.