The prostate is a small gland located just below the bladder which impacts both urinary and sexual functions. Problems during urination or ejaculation may indicate an enlarged prostate. All or any of the following symptoms may indicate a problem with the prostate gland:
- Urinating every 2 hours or less;
- Experiencing the sensation of not emptying your bladder completely while you are urinating;
- Frequent stops and starts while urinating;
- Having to strain to begin urination;
- Weak stream or dribble in spite of an urgent need to urinate;
- Having to get up during the night to urinate.
- Saw Palmetto – reduces cell growth leading to prostate enlargement and acts to relax the muscles that cause urinary urgency; (1,2,3)
- Stinging Nettle – improves urinary output and decreases frequency of urination; (4)
- Pygeum – reduces swelling in the prostate and improves urinary flow; (5,6,7).
- Zinc Citrate – helps to decrease prostate enlargement, and reduce risk of prostate cancer; (8)
- Cranberry Extract – treats urinary tract and bladder infections; (9,10)
- Pau D’Arco – treatment for many health conditions including enlarged prostate; (11,12)
- Lycopene Extract – reduces the risk of prostate cancer (13,14,15,16).
- Quercetin and Turmeric – act as anti-inflammatory agents (17,18,19,20,21,22, 23, 24).
- Vitamin B6 – essential for many enzymatic reactions in the body to formulate neurotransmitters and regulating the nervous system.
Prost Aid should be taken as recommended by a Health Care Professional.