To function at an optimal level, our bodies need a wide range of nutrients. Modern lifestyles, stress and pollution deplete nutrients, and most diets, which are based on refined and processed foods, do not provide us with adequate amounts of these nutrients. Growing children have specific nutritional needs and studies show that 25% of the calorie intake among Canadian children comes from low nutrient foods such as unhealthy snack foods, sugars, and unhealthy fats. Nutrient deficiencies are associated with obesity and a variety of mental and physical health conditions. According to statistics, in the past 25 years the number of overweight children has doubled in North America. A multivitamin formulation is a convenient way to complement the diet and provide the additional nutrients required to support child development, prevent various health concerns, and help children meet their full potential.
Ingredients – per single chewable star tablet
- Vitamin A…300 mcg RAE (1000 IU)(vitamin A palmitate)
- Beta-carotene…75 mcg RAE equivalent to 150 mcg (500 IU) beta-carotene
- Thiamine (thiamine mononitrate)…1 mg
- Riboflavin…1.5 mg
- Niacin (niacinamide)…5 mg
- D-Pantothenic acid…10 mg (calcium pantothenate)
- Vitamin B6…2 mg (pyridoxine hydrochloride)
- Folate (Folic acid)…0.05 mg
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)…5 mcg
- Biotin…5 mcg
- Vitamin C…125 mg (Ester-C® brand calcium & sodium ascorbate)
- Vitamin D (ergocalciferol)…5 mcg (200 IU)
- Vitamin E…33.5 mg ATE (50 IU) (d-alpha-tocopheryl succinate)
- Calcium…200 mg (calcium carbonate & citrate)
- Magnesium (magnesium oxide)…35 mg
- Zinc (zinc citrate)…2.5 mg
- Iron (ferrous fumarate)…2 mg
- Copper (cupric citrate)…0.5 mg
- Iodine (potassium iodide)…0.05 mg
- Lipotropic factors:Choline bitartrate…5 mg
- Inositol (corn)…5 mg
- Stevia, fructose, dextrose, citric acid, natural flavours (orange, pineapple, coconut, citrus punch), guar gum, silicon dioxide, stearic acid (vegetable), magnesium stearate (vegetable), turmeric, beet root powder.
Contains no dairy, gluten or peanuts.
Children (5 years and up): Chew 1 tablet twice daily with food or as directed by a health care practitioner.