Pro-Zymes contain several digestive enzymes that help the body to digest protein, carbohydrates, and fats that can contribute to sluggish digestion and digestive symptoms, such as gassiness and bloating. Enzymes are found in all living plant and animal matter, and they are essential to maintain all body functions. Each enzyme has a specific function in the body that no other enzyme can carry out.
- Betaine Hydrochloride – aids in protein digestion and can reduce food sensitivities (1,2)
- Protease – an enzyme that helps the body to digest proteins (3).
- Lipase – a pancreatic enzyme that assists in breakdown of fats (4,5)
- Amylase – is an enzyme that helps break down starch into sugar in the body. This enzyme is present in human saliva. It is one of the first enzymes to start breaking down food in the body (6).
- Cellulase – an enzyme that converts cellulose into glucose/sugar in the body (7).
- Lactase – an enzyme that breaks down lactose (found in milk products) into glucose and galactose (8,9).
- DMG – water-soluble nutrient that promotes oxidization processes and cell respiration, and stimulates glucose oxidation. It delivers oxygen to the heart and other muscles and promotes increased energy (10).
Pro-Zymes should be taken as recommended by a Healthcare Professional.