Animal and human studies have indicated that L. acidophilus supports the mucosal lining of the G.I. tract, helping to maintain healthy G.I. barrier function. Several trials involving children have also revealed that mixed probiotic bacteria supplementation helps support healthy yeast balance and G.I. comfort. Another study involving almost 200 children suggested that a probiotic supplement containing bifidobacteria provided support for occasional diarrhea.
Research indicates that probiotics support immune health, enhancing B cell, T cell and NK cell function. Additionally, they support healthy cytokine production, particularly in the colon. One placebo-controlled 2-month study involving 27 infants indicated that probiotic supplementation promoted healthy serum CD4 levels and skin comfort.
One Scoop (0.37 gram) contains probiotic blend …….. 3 billion CFU providing:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus (La-14)
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus (GG)
- Bifidobacterium bifidum (Bb-06)
- Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (Bl-04)
- rice starch
- Ages 1 to 3, take 1/2 scoop daily.
- Ages 4 and up, take 1 scoop daily, or as directed by a health professional.
- Mix with applesauce or yogurt.