Vitazan’s Ginkgo Formula unique combination of nutrients is designed to increase mental alertness and awareness while improving memory.
Ginkgo the main ingredient in the Vitazan’s Ginkgo Formula is considered a sacred tree by the Chinese and has been used in Oriental Medicine since ancient times for respiratory ailments and for brain function. Hundreds of studies have been performed with Ginkgo biloba extracts confirming many of the ancient uses as well as finding new applications.
- Gotu Kola: Has long been used to enhance mental abilities. Its mild tranquilizing effects, antistress and antianxiety action make it a highly effective herb. br>Fo ti: Is a well-known herb in the east, where it is used to revitalize and increase both mental and physical energy. It is used to restore youthfulness.(1)
- Siberian Ginseng Root: Has long been valued for its ability to improve mental and physical energy. It improves concentration, releives stress and fatigue.(2) br>L-Glutamine: Is a an amino acid that is known as brain fuel. Its ability to improve mental functioning makes it useful for a wide range of problems.(3)
- Huperzine A: Is a natures perfect answer for those who wish to fuel up their mental power. Studies have even found this remarkable nutrient to be a safe and effective treatment for Alzheimers patients.(4)(5)(6)
- Phosphatidylserine: Is a one of the key nutrients used by the brain for proper functioning. It is even useful for those suffering from advanced Alzheimers.(7)
- L-Theanine: Is a unique free form amino acid found only in the tea plant and in the mushrooms Xerocomus badius and certain species of genus Camellia, C. japonica and C. sasanqua. L-theanine is a relaxant that increases alpha-waves producing mental and physical relaxation decreasing stress and anxiety, without inducing drowsiness. (8)(9)
The main active compounds in Ginkgo leaves are the flavo- glycosides: kaempferol, quercetin, isorhamnetin, and proantho-cyanidins. These compounds have anti-oxidant and free radical properties.(10)(11)Also important are the terpenes: ginkgolides and bilobalides. One way these agents decrease inflammation is by inhibiting Platelet Activating Factor (PAF) and reducing the stickiness of platelets which can result in decreased circulatory flow(12)(13). PAF has been implicated in a wide variety of diseases including asthma, heart arrhythmias, myocardial infarction, and atherosclerosis.(14)
Numerous studies have detailed the efficacy of Ginkgo biloba extract (GBE) for a wide variety of conditions. GBE has been reported to increase circulation to the brain and thus help with cases of dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, memory loss, concentration problems, vertigo, tinnitus, and dizziness. Peripheral vascular diseases such as Raynaud’s syndrome, intermittent claudication, numbness, tingling have been helped by GBE.(15) Studies have also reported that GBE was helpful in cases of head injuries, macular degeneration, asthma, and impotence.
Take 1 vegetable capsule 3 times daily with water before mealtime, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Do not take during pregnancy.
|Ginkgo Biloba 24% extract Ginkgo Flavonglycosides & 6% T. Lactones (50:1) P.E.||80 mg|
|Ginkgo Biloba leaf powder (10:1) P.E.||40 mg|
|Bacopa Monnieri 45%||30 mg|
|Fo Ti 2% Anthraquinone Phosphatide||20 mg|
|Siberian Ginseng Root .08% Eleutherosides||100 mg|
|Huperzine A (Huperzine Serrata 1%)||40 mg|
|Phosphatidyl Serine 24%||150 mg|
|Gotu Kola||40 mg|